Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Prep

Last Saturday we had our first annual Buffalo Clover Spring Fling.  We planned it to be a big bbq/party complete with horse rides and pig chases. :)

But - before all that, there was the prep work.

Our beautiful Agaves were kind enough to bloom out for the party!

The Saturday before, the boys were outside all day doing yard work.  JL weeded, James and Wyatt loaded rocks into the tractor for our new rock garden, and Isabel helped me clean the house.

The boys taking a lunch break

All the kids got involved when it came time to unload the rocks

James practicing his cowboy

We worked June Bug out a lot during the week to get her back in the groove of giving rides to anxious kids.  Isabel has come a long way since the fall - she doesn't even ask me to walk along side her now holding her hand! 

During the week, we had 10 yrds of mulch delivered to the ranch.  In my innocence to measurements, I expected a truck with a trailer (at the most) to show up to deliver it.  What I got was a super dump dump-truck!  I wasn't even sure it was going to fit through the gate.  Then when it did, I wasn't sure it would clear the trees.  It barely made it!  I video'd the dump for the kids (and JL) to see.  It's currently the favorite video among James and Wyatt. ;-)

Um, really?

Whew, it fit through the gate!

Getting ready to dump.  When the bed went up in the air to release  the mulch, it was SO tall it cracked a few of the branches off that top limb!

And there it is!

Naturally, a party means new yard art!  I loaded up the kids the Tuesday before the party and headed out to my favorite store.  We finished our outting with lunch at a local place called "The Hungry Moose" where I had a moose burger and a moose milkshake!  The kids enjoyed their mini-moose lunches and scoops of their favorite ice cream.

Our shopping cart

Wyatt taking in the Hungry Moose.  They had fun decor!

Isabel eating her moose fries

My new addition from my favorite store!

Naturally, the prep work also included a good mow of the grass.  James and Wyatt are always eager to help when the tractor gets involved!


And of course, the grocery shopping trip the Friday before.  I'm pretty sure I have never bought food for 70 people before!  The check out lady could hardly believe her eyes when I came rolling up!

Price check on hamburger buns!

One of the last things we did was beautify.  JL cleaned out the grill (since that was going to be one of the big stars of the party) and I gussied up the horses (since they were a very very close second!)




Buffy lookin' all beautiful - day of party


1 comment:

mdm said...

Looks like all your hard work really paid off. Everything and everybody look beautiful!