Monday, April 22, 2013

New Kitchen Light

I have had my eye on replacing the fan in the kitchen for a while now.  It was old and pretty dated.  Plus, it was grossing me out how much dust it was collecting...and blowing around...right over where I was cooking our food.

So, on a totally random night and trip to Home Depot, I found a replacement for it.



Just as I expected - this house use to have popcorn ceilings!  Scream!!

And the new one.

I was going for understated.
Truth be told, the kitchen lighting needs a total overhaul.  I'd like to see can lights in there.  No more fluorescents.  But, thats another day and a bigger dollar.  For now, I'm tickled to not have that big fan looming anymore.  It's like my ceiling in there just got taller!

1 comment:

mdm said...

Love the new lighting. You're such a great Interior Decorator!