Friday, July 1, 2011

Growing Flock

Like all young things, our chicks are growing up fast! I can't say "way too fast" because I am looking forward to when they are adults and I can kick them out to the coop! (Unlike my children, who I wish would STOP growing!) But still, I am amazed with how quickly they change. No doubt, every week they have a new look to them!

Just a few weeks have passed, and the chicks have transformed! Their fluffy feathers are being replaced with adult feathers. In addition, their legs have become SUPER long. They stand nearly to the half way mark on their little tub.


They also can FLY. I have had to put a net roof on the tub to keep them from roaming around the garage.

When you pick them up now, it is almost always necessary to use both hands. They are wiggly and plump!



They are also getting their combs (that little skin like part between their eyes that lives on top their heads.) When I look at their faces now, I actually see a chicken! When they were little, they were just poof balls that could turn into any ol' bird.



I like the change. Sometimes I get impatient and wish we'd have gotten full size birds. But, it's fun to raise them up. And to see how fast they change. When I want to see a full size bird, I just go watch Eckerd! :-)

Farm, fresh eggs are coming. We can't wait.

If you'd like to compare the changes, click here or here.

1 comment:

mdm said...

It's fun to see your Chicks growing up! Like you, I wish Kids would slow down and Chicks would speed up. Farm Fresh Eggs sound great!