Monday, December 12, 2011

Let There be a New Light!

Well, I did it. I replaced that old chandelier in the dining room! My husband and oldest son almost had me convinced to keep the old "antique" and "charming" fixture that hung when we bought the house, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep it. It was hideous.

The old chandelier

I felt like it just instantly dated the house! Plus, it is one of the first things you see when you enter the house, and it bugged me that it was so glaring. I needed something more ME to greet people! So I found this, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

The New One!


Here it is in the dining room

It perfectly matched my clock and my curtains!

It completely transformed the room! Not to mention, it brought in a ton more light!! I can use it with or without the lampshades, but for now - shades are on. When they are off, things are even brighter in there!


So far - the feedback is 100% positive. Even my husband who resisted the change is in love with the new light. It still matches the house, but now, it also matches us.

And in case you were wondering - yes, I do still plan to paint this room. It is #1 on my paint list which I hope to complete over the Christmas holiday.

2 comments:

mdm said...

Love your new chandedlier--it's beautiful and definitely still looks "ranch-style." You have a real flare for decorating--your Dining Room is gorgeous.

Stephanie T said...

What a gorgeous chandelier, it's totally you and the ranch. Let's paint that room next week. You know I love painting and the kids will love hanging out. Rose hasn't seen James in forever.