Monday, June 18, 2012

Master Suite - Makeover

I'm totally nesting.  In the past 2 weeks, JL and I have redone 4 rooms in the house!  It's been fantastic! Some of the things I've been dreaming about for the past year have happened!

The front runner being our master bedroom.  What a great room!  I loved it when we first saw the house.  It has a magnificent wood beam running right down the center of the ceiling and there is space for days in there!

I went with a gray for the walls, accenting with the pale blue color that I love so much from my bedding and a white to brighten up the space.  This room is our retreat, so I also decorated using pictures from our cruise a few years ago.  I love to relax with the beach reminders all around me.  I think it turned out great!  So great, that I am in that room a TON more now!

BEFORE:






AFTER:




One of my new furniture pieces - a blue chest, which I LOVE!

One of my new favorite accessories.  I found this gray lantern and thought it would look nice on the blue chest.  I filled it with shells to keep with the beach theme.

My second new furniture piece - a blue settee

Fantastic addition!  It fills the space and ties in the blue color for this wall.  It is also really comfy to sit in and/or lounge with a book in!

Tah Dah!  

3 comments:

mdm said...

Wow--what a difference! Your bedroom is absolutely beautiful. Love the wall color and the blue accent--'specially your new blue chest and settee. No wonder you like spending so much time in this great room.

Stephanie T said...

I love, love, love the blue dresser and settee! The beach accents are so gorgeous and you can't go wrong with a theme like that to create a relaxing oasis. You are a fabulous decorator!

Laura said...

love it all! will you come help me? I need HELP in the decorating department. I love your bed where did you get it?