Thursday, June 16, 2011

Up Early

Get up early on the Buffalo Clover ranch and you are bound to see a bunch of fun wildlife! Besides the usual Cardinals, Mockingbirds, White-wing Doves and Squirrels, I've seen a few new players the last couple of mornings. Often times, I sleep past all this fun, but I've been up before the kids lately and I'm finding that time to be most enjoyable.

The last couple of mornings, I have seen these characters...

Downey Woodpecker

Roadrunner. We have a pair of them nesting toward the front of the property. They come our early morning and early evening to hunt. I love to watch them!

2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

wood peckers and road runners. does it get any better?

mdm said...

What a great way to spend early mornings!! Love that you have Roadrunners on the Ranch.....how fun to see these unique birdss right in your own front yard.