Friday, June 17, 2011

Yard Art

One of the very first things I did (after the boxes were unloaded and life looked like it was returning to normal) was make plans for my yard art! I've been dying to get some for year, but somehow the city just didn't feel like the place for it. Now I have oodles and oodles of outdoor space to decorate!

My secret little out-of-the-way place is called Pottery Ranch. I love it because it has a lot of funky, fun pieces that are unique and colorful. All of us made a trip out the weekend after James' birthday party. I found a LOT of stuff I wanted. Most of it had to stay behind for this trip, but I came away with some great pieces!

A Rooster, An Armadillo, A Roadrunner, and 2 Bluebonnets!


Where did I put it all?

Mr. Chicken went by the front door as a happy hello

The bluebonnets went on the other side of the sidewalk from the chicken. They can been seen from the front of the yard and I liked that. They look very welcoming!

The Armadillo went in the flower beds along the sidewalk to the front door. He's one of my favorites! I think mostly because he reminds me of those first few nights we spent here on the ranch.

But my favorite was my last pick. I saw this guy just as we were leaving Pottery Ranch and threw him in my wagon as an after though. He's happily living in the front bed as you first enter the property through the gate. I thought he made a great greeter! Plus, the two real Roadrunners that are living here with us often times can be seen standing right next to him!

2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

Love Love Love the yard art! The blue Bonnets were a MUST!! and the others are sooo appropriate! Just wait til your hens get big, they may be confused by that rooster! LOL Cant wait to see it all in person!

mdm said...

Love all of your YARD ART pieces---and the thought and attention to "meaning" that went into their selection. Your eye for design and decorating definitely shows itself both indoors and outdoors.