Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Comparison

We got another green egg yesterday!! JL ate our other one on Sunday - he said it was the best egg he'd ever had. ;-) Not sure if he just cooked it well, or his mind is playing games with him, but he swears the green egg was the best.

We also received the BIGGEST brown egg to date! It was like a monster egg! And the funny thing is - I think our littlest chicken laid it!

Much bigger than our previous biggest brown egg. And LOADS bigger than the lowly white egg.

I wonder if that counts for 1.5 eggs in a recipe?


Another thing I noticed and thought was interesting. I made scrambled eggs yesterday with 3 grocery store eggs (the last of our remaining carton) and 3 of our eggs.

Can you tell the difference? The grocery egg yolks are a pale yellow in color. Our eggs have an almost orange yolk. I think it goes toward the flavor and why ours seem to taste so much richer.


Gotta say, the chickens remain at the top of my favorite animal list. :)

2 comments:

mdm said...

Gotta love those chickens and your farm fresh eggs! We can definitely tell the diff between your deep orange egg yolks and those store-bought pale yellow ones. Old McDonald would be proud of all of you!

Kelly said...

We had orange yolks in Taiwan, but they looked so fake...I'm sure they were feeding the chickens Cheetos or something.

I like your egg review!