Monday, January 16, 2012

Green Eggs

We're back in the green eggs again! It's been SO long since we've seen greenies in the hen house!

Our Americanas (brown baby chicks) have started laying! We got our first green egg from them last week! We're up to about 4 total eggs a day (on average) now!!

I'm pretty sure it's just the bigger of the brown chicks (Little Lynn) laying - the other one is kinda a runt still. But hopefully, it won't be long now. What would we ever do if we were getting 1/2 dozen a day!



And here's our horse. Being totally lazy one afternoon.

I couldn't resist including a couple pictures I took the other night of the beautiful sun set.

2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

I did the green eggs. I just do! You will have to let the kids start selling them at the front gate if you get 6 a day!

mdm said...

What beautiful color pictures--green eggs, blue blanket on a beautiful Appalosa horse, and a gorgeous sunset.