Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Add to the list....

This fun little guy:




So far, we have: (well, at least this is what we have seen in just the past 10 days)
1. Scorpions
2. Black Widows
3. Fire Ants (although, not many - and these are common everywhere)
4. Tarantulas (Did I forget to blog about those little guys? Well, they are anything but 'little')!!
5. Giant crickets
6. Roaches
7. Snakes (Again, I forgot to blog about that one!)

I don't really have a problem with most of those critters. The scorpions are my #1 enemy at this time. Mostly because they are all too common INSIDE the house. I nearly stepped on one the other day. Grammy and I have devised a plan that we will set into action tonight.

We've armed ourselves with Ortho Home Defense, Boric Acid, Weatherstripping, and caulk. I'm going to seal up, spray, and defend any and every last spot I think those evil things are coming in from. I want them OUT!

Black Widows aren't exactly my friends, but we have only seen the one and it lives in the pump house. Plus, the scorpion defenses are suppose to defend against widows as well. So, we'll count them good (for now.)

Tarantulas and snakes are hideous, but they don't bother me for some reason. I think because the chances of them getting inside and actually doing harm to me and mine are so slim. They are both large enough I'm sure I'd see them pre-strike.

Let's pretend I would anyway. Otherwise I won't sleep. Like ever again.

2 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Oh. My. Word. Dario and I were just being jealous of you the other day for getting to live out in the country and have land. My jealousy is not starting to abate. Yuck! And scary!

mdm said...

Glad you have a plan to attack/control all these critters! You're much braver than I.....but, living in the country still sounds wonderful.