Friday, May 6, 2011

A Step Back

Now that I finally have unpacked my camera cable (and found the charger for my camera battery) I'm finally able to post a few pictures of Buffalo Clover and our arrival. As we settle in, I'll provide a bunch more pictures, but for now these will have to do.

This is a picture of the side of the house from the driveway. We have a really long drive! At the street, there is a security gate that swings open/closed by the touch of a button (think garage door opener). Once inside, you drive around a curve, past a bush and up to the house. We have enough room so far to park the truck, the boat, and my van side by side and still have a spot for another car off to the side. Did I mention it was a huge drive?

About the first thing that happened when we arrived (even before a box came off the truck) was James and JL playing basketball. James has been so excited to have his own hoop! He would watch our neighbors play at the old house and long for the day when he has a flat drive instead of a steep one. Now he's over the moon and able to play whenever he wants. See that white house thing in the background behind the van? That is our pump house. We have a well. No city water for us, thanks. And I can tell you - well water tastes awesome! No chlorine or nasty chemicals. Just fresh (and really cold!) water. Ahhhh.

We also have a lot of trees and landscaping on the property. It's nice to be surrounded by green instead of concrete and bricks.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is wild that you have a well! I'm starting to grasp what you mean by saying you live in the country now.